Design contest rules
- All designs should be original. No taking a photo off the internet and submitting it in its entirety as your design. A. Original Sketches are the preferred method of communication for your designs. B. However we do understand that not everyone can draw. You can submit several images/photographs to complete your look. If you like a top from one latex piece, the skirt of another, and a corset of a third. You must submit all 3 images with clear instructions and details on your vision for the outfit. C. If you are proficient enough with photoshop you may cut and paste the pieces together to form one collaged image and include notes.
- All participants should submit a notecard that includes your original sketch, images, notes and a short paragraph on why Hugo’s Design should pick you as their Designer for a Day.
- Notecards should be submitted to Lexie Jansma labeled as follows: “Hugo’s Design Designer Contest: Your Name” i.e. Hugo’s Design Designer Contest: Lexie Jansma
- Please email a copy of submitted images and sketches in jpg. or png. format as well as your written notes and why you should be chosen paragraph to Lexie Jansma at email@example.com. Please make sure that the subject line reads: “Hugo’s Design Designer Contest: Your Name”
- Contest begins April 20th, 2011 and ends May 20th, 2011.
- Top 10 chosen designs will be posted to the Hugo’s Design Flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/erikhugo/ by May 23rd, 2011.
- Winner will be selected by June 5th, 2011 and announced in the Too Sexy Magazine Exclusively.
JUDGING & PRIZES:
- Top 10 will be selected by Hugo’s Design Staff.
- Winner will be selected by Erik Hugo and 2 other outside judges.
- Top 3 designs and the winner will be announced in the June 5th issue of Too Sexy Magazine.
- Winning design will be named after the contest winner.
- Winning design will be produced in a variety of Hugo’s Design colors. Winner will receive a full range of colors of their winning design.
- Winning design will be featured on Hugo’s Design Blog, Flickr, and in Too Sexy Magazine with a small interview.
- Winner will receive 3000L in Lindens as well as 5000L in Hugo Design Giftcards.
- Winner will receive a 10000L Prize Package from leading SL Designers including skins & shape from Glam Affair, hair from Shag, and shoes from VvB.
- Winner after consultation with a professional stylist will walk in a Hugo’s Design Runway show wearing their winning design.
- All submitted materials including sketches, images, and written material become the property of Hugo’s Design to be used as they see fit without additional compensation to the contest participant. However Hugo’s will make no attempt to use any nonwinning designers ideas.
- The winning design will be an interpretation by Erik Hugo of the winners design. There are some things that are not possible in SL and there for may need to be altered. The essence and as much of the winning design will be maintained as possible. There is no guarantee that it will be an exact duplicate of your design.
- Original sketches and images should be high quality 1024 x 1024 would be best. However we do realize that images taken from other places may not reach this quality.
- 2 entries per contest/participant.
- All decision by judges are final. Arguing, complaining, or fighting will be grounds for disqualification and exclusion from all other Hugo’s promotions and contest.
- If any portion of the above instructions and or rules are not followed Hugo’s Design will be grounds to disqualify any entry.
- Contestants should be a member of the Hugo’s Design VIP Group. Group can be found in search or there is a group joiner in the TP area of Hugo’s Design main store.
If you should have further questions or need assistance please contact Lexie Jansma!
Good Luck to all and get your colored pencils ready! Happy Designing!